Real Estate Transactions
- Represented Sophia Enterprises, LLC and TRD of Fort Lauderdale, LLC in negotiating and closing the sale of 435 S. Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard for $18.7 million and the acquisition of a 18,535 square foot beachfront retail building and adjacent parking lot at 201-213 S. Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard for $32 million.
- Represented Black Marble E 2013, LLC, in the $180,000,000.00 refinancing of The Miami Beach EDITION hotel in Miami Beach, Florida. The EDITION is an elegant design hotel located at 2901 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida and has 294 individually designed guest rooms and suites, including 28 private bungalows.
- Represented AutoNation, a Fortune 200 company in the leasing and relocation of its corporate headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Represented American Land Ventures in the development and $63,000,000 financing of a 250 unit multifamily project in Plantation, Florida.
- Assisted a large developer in a 529 unit, 3-phased condominium development, together with adjacent marina, located on the St. John’s River in Jacksonville, Florida, including the negotiation of construction and mezzanine financing, joint venture and partnership agreements and other project documents.
- Represented the buyer in negotiating a $300 million purchase contract for the acquisition of a 2,200 unit, six property Class A multi-family residential portfolio and supervised related due diligence.
- Represented the developer of several Walgreens drugstores in all phases of acquisition, development and financing.
- Represented a national retail store chain in negotiating over 60 retail leases throughout the United States.
- Represented the seller of 2-acres of land in Broward County for an amount in excess of $28,000,000 per acre, the highest per acre price in Broward County history.
- Represented various financial institutions including SunTrust, RBC Bank, Regions Bank and Bank of America in connection with the sale of properties within their REO portfolios as well as loan sales.
- 1998: J.D., University of Florida, with Honors
- 1994: B.A., in Finance, University of Florida
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized as one of South Florida’s “Top Lawyers in Real Estate and Finance” for 2018 South Florida Legal Guide.
- Listed, Legal Elite Up & Comers, Florida Trend Magazine, listing of Florida’s top attorneys as selected by their peers for the years 2008 – 2013.